This fall has started off as a bit of a whirlwind. I thought things would slow down for our busy crazy life when Aiden started school. Quite the contrary. Juliet remains on the warpath, terrorizing the house on a daily basis. I may finally have a couple of months of respite from trying to simultaneously be super mom and a work from home photographer. Looks like there might be some daycare in our future. Once there are some kidless hours in the day, I can get back on track with editing and getting some projects going that have been on hold for quite a while. Plus, this fall’s schedule is packed full of sessions…. those gorgeous fall colors get people thinking photos every time.
There have been so many crazy random things going on around here lately, here’s just a few:
• Finally lost 1/2 of my big toenail after smashing it earlier this summer. Then…
• Got stabbed in the *other* toe last night after walking past the open dishwasher, banging my knee into the utensils container, dislodging a large cooking knife (the size you see in horror movies when someone is about to be slaughtered) and walking straight into the tip of the blade as I stumbled past the dishwasher. It went directly under the toenail, pretty dang far. The unmitigated pain made me sick to my stomach. Can’t imagine ever being stabbed in an actual organ.
• We’re dealing with a bully at school…. already. This is *kindergarten* people!
• Barely sleeping, incredibly sleep deprived and not feeling myself lately.
• A certain 2-year-old has mastered all her wooden puzzles and is begging to be challenged further.
• A certain 6-year-old is finding himself smitten with little girlies left and right and tortured over how to tell the 5th grade girl down the street that he thinks she’s pretty. Endearing and scary at the same time!
• Had another credit card number stolen. Apparently boutique clothing and $600 handbags are the items of choice to buy with fraudulent credit cards. This happened again earlier this summer with a different credit card.
• Encountering all sorts of bugs and setbacks to my computer after updating to Snow Leopard OS. Quickbooks is just one of the programs tweaking out. But on the sunny side, at least now I have a legitimate excuse for putting off the bookkeeping for our two businesses. Unfortunately estimated taxes are due next Tuesday. Urgh.
• I was threatened to be arrested by a police officer while taking the above photo. Apparently it’s illegal to shoot on the VA Hospital grounds. Good to know.
• Feeling incredibly grateful for my awesome photographer friends and clients that have been a great support and network for me. I appreciate you guys more than you know.
Still working on editing a few sessions. Can’t wait to share those. FYI: Bookings are getting really full for the the remainder of the year, so if you’re considering a session, best schedule now, as there are only a handful of spaces available.
And I wanted to share a site that I recently discovered that I’m really digging… Davina’s Blog. She’s running a series of interviews called Women and Business. I’ve really enjoyed the interviews. Check it out for some insight and inspiration from some of the best women in the business.