Hey everyone. You may have seen on Facebook that I am currently accepting unedited images (RAW or full sized jpg) to use for testing and demonstrating my upcoming action pack. There has been a lot of buzz around the announcement of the actions as well as questions on their availability. Currently, my team and I are fine tuning, testing and evaluating. We are still in the developmental stage and will be working towards completion as quickly as possible. When we have more information on their availability, we’ll let you know!
FILES ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED AT THIS TIME. THANK YOU.
We’ll only be accepting submissions for ONE week (until Nov. 20th) and here’s the deal —->
- You may send your unedited RAW or jpg images via YouSendIt, MediaFire, Filezilla, Dropbox or any other free file transfer software. If sending multiple files ZIP them FIRST and share the zipped folder.
- Email them or the link to the download to: michelle@michellekanephotography[dot] com (replace the dot with a period)
- PLEASE name your images with YOUR name. Or, if sending a file folder with multiple images, name the folder with YOUR name and B & A in the title.
- Please pick images that are decently exposed out of camera and are representative of the kinds of photos you would normally pick to edit, not ones that have severe focus or exposure issues. Editing is about enhancing, not *fixing* images that should really just be thrown out. (2-3 are plenty).
- If your images are selected, you will be notified and you will be credited in the posting (whether it’s on my blog or a dedicated action website).
- Subject matter can be anything portrait oriented.
* By sending your images, you are giving me permission to fully edit them as I see fit, and post them (crediting you for the image) online. You will not be compensated monetarily for use of your image(s) and we will NOT be able to return the edited versions to you.
If your images are selected, you may not see your images posted right away, so please be patient.
Here’s a lovely before and after image that belongs to the wonderful Jodi Sware of A Thousand Words Photography. I had a wonderful time working with and getting to know Jodi during our mentoring session. She’s amazing… check her out! We worked on this image during our session. It’s a gorgeous image with an amazing sky that was truly hidden in this under exposed SOOC image. Here’s a little tip to getting your empty skies back. If you’re using Lightroom and there’s an inkling of a sky there, use the graduated filter tool with the exposure and/or brightness pulled down and run it down the sky. If there’s info there to pull from, you’re once blown sky will magically reappear! One more fabulous reason to shoot in RAW!
Unedited – SOOC
Edited in Lightroom and Photoshop.