Happy Valentine’s Day to everyone! Hope you’re day has been sweet and lovely. Mine sure has, as my new action sets (HeART & Soul and the Creative HeART collections) released late last night. I’m really excited about the interest and happy that so many people are getting their copies. Looking forward to seeing everyone’s work on my FB page. If you have purchased the actions and would like to have one of your awesome edits featured here, please email me directly with the before and after and the blueprint for the edit. Don’t forget your web link, so we can send people your way!
On to a fun blueprint for you. Here you will see three images: straight out of camera, the Lightroom pre-edit and the final from Photoshop. In addition, I’ve posted the layers palette from PS that displays the steps taken and how the actions were masked on or off the image.
Kelly Knox of Andy & Bo Photography, sent me this image for mentoring this morning. We didn’t get to it during our session, but she asked if I could edit it later and post. So here we go.
The original was great. The details in the shadows were a bit dark, so I lightened them in LR with the tone curve darks and blacks. The only other thing was to use the graduated filter, with lowered exposure to pull some of that barely there sky back in. From there it went to Photoshop.
Original jpg image SOOC
Image adjustments done in Lightroom, before taking into Photoshop.
Edit in Photoshop using Michelle Kane HeARTy action collections.
1. Lavish at 100%, – masked the Matte Haze layer off skin, as the stop message instructs. Masked the Lavish group off arms and hands and a bit of the sky where they got too dark.
2. Posh at 100% – masked off of skin and a bit of the clothes and sky where they got too vibrant and soft.
3. Daffodil Tone 60% – masked off skin mainly. This popped the yellow color in the field.
4. Autumn Sunrise Tone 20% – masked off her face and the sky. Gives an overall purple/orange haze.
5. Opulent Light 70% – masked on the field to make it dreamy looking.
6. Flawless Face 100% – masked onto the background only for smooth creaminess.
7. Zing! 28% – masked onto just the face for a slight pop.
8. Bring on the Bokeh 100% – masked onto just the sky to eliminate any gradient banding.
That’s it! Super easy. Actions all stack up nicely and don’t require you to flatten along the way, so you maintain total control over the edit. Tones make a big difference in an image.
The launch special on the bundled action collection runs through Feb. 20th and saves you a whopping $89! This is the best time to buy. These actions are easy to use, highly customizable and give you an endless array of possibilities for creative looks. Not only will they save you time and effort, which increases your bottom line, but they’ll also help you bust out of your editing ruts and find a look that brands YOUR business. They are truly investments towards your success.