Thank you to Chesney Maxwell for the use of her gorgeous SOOC image for today’s editing blueprint.
The HeARTy action giveaway (2 bundled sets) over on The Maternal Lens ends tonight at midnight. The discount will run through Sunday night (27th). Biggest discount I’ve offered. Don’t miss that. $40 off the bundle, $20 off a single set.
SOOC – Unedited
Edited using Michelle Kane HeARTy actions (both the Creative HeART & HeART & Soul Collections)
This image was gorgeous out of camera, but needed brightened, popped and the skin needed the reddish/pink lowered.
1. Eye-citement on just irises to darken the pupil and edge of pupil.
2. Glisten on iris of eye to lighten blue and sharpen and brighten the catchlight. Do not mask in on the whites of eyes. Yikes!
3. Anti-Lobster Skin – both the CS2 and the CS3 versions. CS2 to really remove magenta tones from skin without brightening. CS3 version to remove more magenta but also brighten slightly.
4. Flawless Face over most of the image except lips, eyes and hair. FF helped smoothed out the bokeh background and cut any noise.
5. Euphoria 23% to brighten and give a peachy tone to the image.
6. Light Optimizer 27% to brighten while maintaining contrast. Masked off the cheeks and lips, as they got too light and lost their punch.
7. Blue Eyed Beauty masked onto the iris of the eyes with a 5% opacity brush to take the dull out of the eyes and give them a LITTLE blue punch.
8. Daffodil 60% masked off the skin and hair. Daffodil makes the greens and yellows rich and yummy.
9. Plush Color – raised action opacity to 100% masked off the skin except the cheeks and lips. This gave a rich depth to the background color and the flower. Also masked off small parts of the trees in the background that got too dark…. don’t like loosing details.
10. Sunlight 21% barely masked off the skin when it got too airy and light and masked more heavily off the eyes to maintain sharp, rich eyes.
11. Light + Shade. Painted with a 20% opacity white brush on just the catchlights to pop the eyes a bit more. Sharp, bright catchlights creates a sense of overall image sharpness.